The Kangaroo has long been a symbol of Australian pride, but it is quickly becoming a staple of the Australian diet. High in protein and low in fat it is a superb meat to include in your weekly shop. Here is one of my favourites to throw in the lunch box - my BBQ Roo Wrap!
- 1 Kangaroo Fillet (around 300g)
- 2 pieces of rye mountain bread
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 spanish onion
- 4 slices of canned beetroot
- 2 slices of reduced fat cheese
- 2 teaspoons of BBQ sauce (optional)
- Heat your pan till very hot, and cook kangaroo fillet for 3-4 minutes each side
- Remove kangaroo from the heat and set aside to rest for 5 minutes while you spread your bread with avocado
- Using a sharp knife, slice fillet into thin slices
- Divide the tomato, onion, beetroot and cheese in even quantities, and place on pieces of bread, before adding your slices of kangaroo fillet.
- Roll up your wraps and place in a sandwich press, cooking until golden
For more great recipes check out Adam's book The Man Plan, on sale now.