THE TRADIE DIET
With three out of four Aussie blokes overweight or obese, gentlemen we have a problem!
I recently appeared on A Current Affair to help 34 year old tradie David with his diet. Check it out here.
Here are the rules for my Tradie diet -
- Have a high protein breakfast like The Man Shake
- Snack healthy - cans of tuna or salmon are great
- When you hit the drive thru - there is almost always healthy options. TAKE THEM!
- If you get your diet right there is nothing wrong with a cold beer at the end of a hard day's yakka!
- The best diet is the one you stick to - find something that works and be committed!
- BREAKFAST - This really is the most important meal of the day and blokes need high protein - I can't stress this enough. A high protein, low sugar meal - like some eggs on wholemeal toast or The Man Shake. The Man Shake gives you all the protein you need along with all the vitamins and minerals to kickstart your day. The worst thing you can have for breakky is cereal as it is mainly carbs and sugar but if you must have cereal go 2 weetbix with 200g low sugar yoghurt.
- MORNING SNACK - Once again something with protein that is low in sugar - like a can of tuna or a greek yoghurt
- LUNCH - If your a tradie on the go you want protein so even a takeaway sandwich or subway 6 inch but make sure you get one with meat on it and minimal sauce. (ham and turkey sub, chicken breast subs are best options. or Man Shake if your on the go!
- AFTERNOON SNACK - Once again something low in sugar that has protein. A handful of nuts and a piece of fruit.
- DINNER - Grilled meat and steamed veggies (frozen or fresh). I know its boring but you're a man so you need your veggies!
The reason The Man Shake is so popular with tradies is
- It is great for you - both high in protein and low in sugar.
- It's super convenient - takes just 30 seconds to whip up and you only need to mix it with water
- It's great value - it costs as little as $2 day
It's not as hard as you may think to go from too much plumber's crack to having a six pack, you just need to make a decision to put your health first.