FIVE REASONS WHY YOU NEED CARBS IN YOUR DIET
We need to stop demonising carbs, they aren't the enemy that many fad diets would have you believe. Did you know high-fibre wholegrain foods are linked with a reduced risk of heart problems and Type 2 diabetes. Carbs have been made to be the villain but we do need them, as they give our brains and muscles the fuel they need to function on a daily basis.
While your carb intake should be controlled, it shouldn't be eliminated here are the reasons why -
- LO-GI OR SLOW RELEASING CARBOHYDRATES HELP CONTROL YOUR APPETITE
- MUSCLES NEED CARBS IN ORDER TO BURN FAT
- OUR BODY TURNS CARBS INTO GLUCOSE THAT FUELS OUR BRAIN
- EATING FIBRE RICH CARBS MAKES US LESS LIKELY TO DEVELOP HEART DISEASE, STROKE, TYPE 2 DIABETES AND BOWEL CANCER
- CARBS HELP BOOST OUR MOOD BY INDIRECTLY BOOSTING OUR LEVELS OF SEROTONIN - THE HAPPY HORMONE!
It's all about a balanced diet, so to get a good idea check out The Man Shake Meal Plan by CLICKING HERE
In this week's edition of The Man Shake Video Blog, Adam shows you his favourite carbs and tells you why you need them!